Each signatory of the Charter may apply for value-added activities free of charge, including in-house workshops, seminars or online seminars, tailor-made mental well-being advisory service, and Mental Health First Aid Training Course.
1. In-house Workshops
Each organisation may apply for ONE free workshop in 2023-2024. 25-35 participants are required for each workshop.
Mental Well-being Workshop
|Instructors will talk about common mental health problems, assessment of crisis and handling of high-risk situations, skills on accompanying people with mental distress, and so forth.
Relaxation Exercise Workshop
|Instructors will introduce relaxation techniques and guide participants to practise relaxation breathing or yoga.
Mindfulness Experiential Workshop
|Instructors will introduce the concept of mindfulness and guide participants in mindfulness practice.
Floral Tea Workshop
|Chinese medicine practitioners will explain how food ingredients help keep both the mind and body healthy. The workshop will mainly focus on floral tea.
Self-applied Acupressure Massage Workshop
|Chinese medicine practitioners will explain how to harmonise mood and mind. The workshop will mainly focus on self-applied acupressure massage.
Art and Wellness Workshop (Horticultural Therapy/ Japanese Pastel Nagomi Art)
|Instructors share with participants information on relieve stress and enhance resilience through art, and provide guidance in horticultural therapy or Japanese Pastel Nagomi Art.
Wu Shu Workshop
|Instructors will guide participants in Tai Chi or Ba Duan Jin practice.
Laughter Yoga Workshop
|Instructors will introduce the concept of Laughter Yoga and provide guidance to participants in the practice.
Singing Bowl Experiential Workshop
|Instructors will introduce how to relax and enjoy a moment of tranquility through singing bowls.
Board Game Experiential Workshop
|Instructors will guide participants to try board games, as well as let participants interact with colleagues and relax through board games.
- Places for free workshops are limited. If the number of application exceeds the quota, places will be allocated by ballot.
- Participating organisations should provide the venue for the workshop, along with a computer and visual and audio equipment.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Council will schedule the workshop on the date specified by the participating organisation as far as practicable, subject to availability of the required manpower.
- Workshops can be arranged between 9 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
- Participating organisations are required to inform the Occupational Safety and Health Council at least 14 working days before the workshop if they would like to reschedule. Each participating organisation can only reschedule once. Organisations are required to bear the full cost of the workshop if they cancel the workshop in short notice without notifying the OSHC.
- If free workshops are full, organisations can apply for running in-house workshops at their own cost. For enquiries, please send email to email@example.com.
2. Seminars or Online Seminars
Seminars will be held regularly. The latest information will be sent to the signatories of the Charter by email and uploaded to the Charter website.
3. Tailor-made Mental Well-being Advisory Service
- Professional consultants from the Mental Health Association of Hong Kong will distribute e-questionnaires via the participating organisation for analysis of the overall mental well-being status of employees.
- Professional consultants will meet with the management to understand the participating organisation’s current measures and difficulties in promoting mental well-being. The consultants will then compile a report, providing customised suggestions and directions for the company’s future development.
- Subject to the need of the participating organisation, the consultants may provide follow-up service half a year later to examine the participating organisation’s achievements and progress in promoting mental well-being.
- The advisory service meeting will last for about 3 hours.
- Places for free advisory service are limited. If the number of applications exceeds the quota, places will be decided by ballot.
- Participating organisations are required to inform the Occupational Safety and Health Council at least 14 working days before the advisory session if they would like to reschedule. Otherwise, participating organisations are required to bear the full cost of the advisory session.
- After receiving advisory service, participating organisations are required to fulfil the requirements below:
- Submitting an enhancement proposal; and
- Participating in Joyful@Healthy Workplace Best Practices Award.
- If the number of application exceeds the free quota, organisations can apply for the advisory service at their own cost. For enquiries, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Mental Health First Aid Training Course
- This course introduces the symptoms of common mental illness and mental health issues, so as to help participants identify mental problems at an early stage, and equips them with the skills to help someone in need to relieve their mood and prevent aggravation of mental problems. This course is mainly conducted through lectures, and is supplemented with video, practical exercises and a test.
- Each signatory of the Charter is given 3 places for the course from 2023 to 2024. Course participants must be current employees of the signatory.
- Training will be held regularly. For the latest information of the course, please refer to the Charter website.
- The course is 12 hours in total. To receive a certificate certified by MHFA International, participants are required to achieve full attendance pass the test.
- Participants are required to pay a deposit of $700 before the course begins. The deposit will be returned to participants after they receive a certificate.
- If the number of application exceeds the quota, placed will be allocated by ballot.
- After the free quota is exhausted, organisations can still apply for the course at their own cost. For enquiries, please send email to email@example.com.